Superintendent Job Description:
Subsurface Construction Company is a leading design-build geotechnical specialty contractor with offices located in Raleigh, NC and Greenville, SC. Specializing in the Southeast region, we design and implement solutions for excavation support and geotechnical construction: earth retention including soil nail walls, soldier pile walls and sheet pile walls, ground anchors, rock bolts and deep foundations including micropiles and aggregate piers. For over 23 years, Subsurface has served as a dedicated partner to civil and geotechnical engineers, general contractors and owners for excavation support and deep foundations. We understand that successful projects and enduring relationships are built on a foundation of honesty and trust.
We are seeking a results-driven Superintendent to join our Raleigh, NC area office who shares our values of Honesty, Creativity, Efficiency and Excellence.
The superintendent is responsible for managing all day to day aspects of their assigned project(s) from the beginning through certificate of completion. Including, coordinate all construction activities with subcontractors; ensuring work is completed within quality and time frame expectations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans weekly project activities and provides direction to the subcontractors on the work to be performed with direction from Project Manager.
- Drive the project construction and manage scheduling program updates.
- Conduct daily walk-throughs to ensure building construction is in compliance with the plans and specifications.
- Conduct weekly safety and planning meetings with subcontractors. Identify subcontractor noncompliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
- Coordinates and manages the scheduling of subcontractor work and materials deliveries.
- Monitors the quality and progress of all construction work and provides updates to the Project Manager.
- Identifies and informs the Project Manager of the need for change orders when they occur.
- Verify all necessary inspections have occurred and been approved through the building process.
- Manage the completion of all Punch Lists.
- Participates in project evaluation sessions and uses the information on future projects.
- All other responsibilities as assigned.
- HS Diploma or GED with minimum of 10 years’ experience in Vertical Construction Management or related experience is required or 4-year degree in Construction Management or similar with minimum 5 years’ experience
- Passing e-Verify and drug test required.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license. Some travel may be required.
- Candidate must have a good safety record. OSHA Card or certificate a plus.
- Must have good communications skills.
- Average computer software skills. Proficient in Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Full-time salary position with comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, vacation and sick pay, 401K match, company vehicle and computer