Subsurface Construction Company is a leading design-build geotechnical specialty contractor with offices located in Raleigh, NC and Greenville, SC. Specializing in the Southeast region, we design and implement solutions for excavation support and geotechnical construction: earth retention including soil nail walls, soldier pile walls and sheet pile walls, ground anchors, rock bolts and deep foundations including micropiles and aggregate piers. For over 23 years, Subsurface has served as a dedicated partner to civil and geotechnical engineers, general contractors and owners for excavation support and deep foundations. We understand that successful projects and enduring relationships are built on a foundation of honesty and trust.
We are seeking a results-driven Project Manager to join our Greenville, SC area office who shares our values of honesty, creativity, efficiency and excellence.
In this position, you will be responsible for developing strong relationships with local geotechnical consultants, structural engineers, architects, and general contractors. Some specific duties will include:
– Developing and maintaining strong relationships with the construction community
– Preparation and submission of proposals
– Post-bid interviews
– Working with our design engineers to develop creative solutions and solve challenging ground issues
– Contract negotiations
– Cost and schedule control
– Managing change orders and claims
– QA/QC requirements
– Project invoicing and securing payment.
– Communication with and support of our field superintendents
– Compiling information & documentation of project contractual requirements
– Pre/post bid job site reconnaissance
– Communication with clients
Qualified candidates must have 5 or more years Heavy Civil Construction or Geotechnical Construction experience with a BS degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management. Other requirements include: strong project management experience in general construction, drilling, anchors, micro-piles, earth retention, grouting, excavation, solid familiarity with all project contractual requirements and proven experience working effectively as a liaison with Engineers, General Contractors, and Owners. Excellent computer skills and written & verbal communication skills necessary. Day travel and occasional overnight travel required.