Subsurface Construction Company is a leading design-build geotechnical specialty contractor with offices located in Raleigh, NC and Greenville, SC. Specializing in the Southeast region, we design and implement solutions for excavation support and geotechnical construction: earth retention including soil nail walls, soldier pile walls and sheet pile walls, ground anchors, rock bolts and deep foundations including micropiles and aggregate piers. For over 23 years, Subsurface has served as a dedicated partner to civil and geotechnical engineers, general contractors and owners for excavation support and deep foundations. We understand that successful projects and enduring relationships are built on a foundation of honesty and trust.
– Operate and maintain drilling rigs, including anchor rigs, mini-rigs and larger drilled shaft-type rigs.
– Guide and lead small work crews under the supervision of our Field Superintendents.
– Read, understand, and agree to our document entitled, “The Subsurface Way”.
– Cleaning equipment and maintaining a clean worksite.
– Support operation of grout batch plant use in construction.
– Responsible for moving and handling heavy drill rods and other equipment necessary to set up drill sites, trip out rod and perform drilling operations.
– Maintains a safe approach using JHA and job specific safety requirements.
– Other duties as required within the scope of employment
– Ability to walk and carry loads of up to 100 pounds on uneven and sloping surfaces while being exposed to weather and elements.
– Twist and or reach to accomplish daily activities.
– Regularly required to use hands to handle objects, tools or controls with proper PPE.
– Communicate verbally (both speaking and hearing) in potentially noisy environments.
– Must speak and understand English at a level appropriate to receive and comprehend specialized safety and training instructions in potentially noisy environments.
– Work in remote, difficult to access locations.
– Out-of-town travel Monday through Friday.
– Must be able to work up to 12-hour days; 7 days per week, if necessary
– 5 Years minimum experience in a related field, operating equipment.
– Valid Driver’s License without restriction required.
– Must pass (with results acceptable to Subsurface) applicable background check.
– Must pass Worksteps Evaluation.
– Must have driving records within company standards.
– Ability to read and understand basic instructions, including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
– Willing and able to perform physically strenuous work in all weather conditions.
– OSHA 10 ETD preferred.
– First Aid/CPR preferred.
– 1-year drilling industry field experience preferred.
– Commercial Driver License Class A preferred
– Crane operating and rigging experience preferred
– Mechanical skills with small engine, hydraulic, etc. preferred