Subsurface Construction Company is a leading design-build geotechnical specialty contractor with offices located in Raleigh, NC and Greenville, SC. Specializing in the Southeast region, we design and implement solutions for excavation support and geotechnical construction: earth retention including soil nail walls, soldier pile walls and sheet pile walls, ground anchors, rock bolts and deep foundations including micropiles and aggregate piers. For over 23 years, Subsurface has served as a dedicated partner to civil and geotechnical engineers, general contractors and owners for excavation support and deep foundations. We understand that successful projects and enduring relationships are built on a foundation of honesty and trust.
We are seeking a results-driven Assistant Superintendent to join our Greenville, SC area office who shares our values of honesty, creativity, efficiency and excellence.
The Assistant Superintendent is responsible in conjunction with the superintendent for all the field staff on a project (with oversight from the Superintendent) and will make sure that projects are built according to plans and specifications. They are responsible, along with the Superintendent and Project Manager for having the material, tools/equipment, and information and staff requirements on the jobsite in the proper place in a timely fashion. The Assistant Superintendent handles all correspondence and forms, including daily field reports, safety reports, accident reports, etc. They will monitor the work being performed, direct the subcontractors and schedule all work according to the requirements of the project schedule. They will train to become a full Superintendent within a year.
– Assists the lead Superintendent with commercial projects.
– Coordination and management of all on-site construction activities and subcontractors.
– Assist on all scheduling with the project.
– Monitor construction for strict compliance with plans and specifications.
– Demonstrate and maintain effective and open dialogue with project team regarding changes in work, job conditions and subcontractor relations.
– Manage and track material and manpower to meet all deadlines.
– Ensure that all safety procedures and standards are followed within the guidelines of OSHA, federal, state and local laws.
– Learn SCC processes and develop competencies to become a full Superintendent within the first year.
Skills & Experience
– High School Diploma required; two years of college preferred.
– Regularly required to use hands to handle objects, tools or controls with proper PPE.
– Communicate verbally (both speaking and hearing) in potentially noisy environments.
– Must speak and understand English at a level appropriate to receive and comprehend specialized safety and training instructions in potentially noisy environments.
– Work in remote, difficult to access locations.
– Out-of-town travel Monday through Friday.
– Must be able to work up to 12-hour days; 7 days per week, if necessary
– Valid Driver’s License without restriction required.
– Must pass (with results acceptable to Subsurface) applicable background check.
– Must pass Worksteps Evaluation.
– Must have driving records within company standards.
– Ability to read and understand basic instructions, including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
– Willing and able to perform physically strenuous work in all weather conditions.
– OSHA 10 ETD preferred.
– First Aid/CPR preferred.